I still have this website? My darling sweetheart must be paying the hosting bills. It’s nice to look back on a period when I had time share.
Still find time to knit, just not nearly as much as I used to. I’ve been busy parenting and wifing and friending, and then my job turned into a genuine, bona fide career. How these things go!
Recent developments are spurring an examination of my lifestyle and I’m finding a need to organize my thoughts. That was a ridiculous sentence but I stand by it. It’s stuff that bores many folks to tears (among other emotions), so perhaps I’ll put it out here.
My mom has some autoimmune conditions. While I do not have any obvious symptoms, I do have some super high antibody levels that, if nothing else, make me very predisposed to develop some of my own. My GP has suggested I consider a gluten-free diet, but I don’t know…
- difficulty eating out
- awkwardness with folks who think it’s all just a fad
- more hoops in shopping/cooking
- cross-contamination risks with gluten-eating family
- no more delicious, chewy gluten
- fun challenges in the kitchen
- possible improvement in already good health
- possible prevention of some health conditions that could come down the road
Eh. Might give it a try for a month or two, then see how I feel. Maybe it’s not even an issue.
Maybe someday I’ll get my grandmother to hand over that stocking pattern!
Hope you’re doing well.